June 17, 2009

Wicked Easy Quilts

wavy quilting

maritime easy

machine quilting

wicked easy quilt

These two quilts were made with the Wicked Easy quilt pattern found here. They really are quick and easy when done with a rotary cutter, strip piecing, and machine quilting. I made both of them in a four day weekend. I learned once again that it's worth the extra expense to buy cotton quilt batt, as it quilts so much easier and smoother on the machine. I like the way it feels when finished too.

I had to send my camera into Cannon for repair because it won't hold a battery charge. I miss it and I hope it comes back safe and sound. Has anyone else had trouble with the batteries on a Canon Powershot A590 IS?

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

I've never had a Canon but my brother has one. I'll check what model and if relevant, I'll get back to you.

I've never done any quilting - it's nothing like so popular over here - most people do embroidery (like me) or cross-stitch. But afterseeing an exhibition of quilts I'm thinking of it. I'm just not sure how my partner would take to me having yet another hobby.

imac said...

Nice Quilts - clever you.
Ive got a Nikon, niceee camera