February 13, 2009

Red Sky in the morning...

red sky

For what seems to be God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and what seems to be God's weakness is stronger than human strength. Now remember what you were, my friends, when God called you. From the human point of view few of you were wise or powerful or of high social standing. -1Corinthians 12:25-26

In the Episcopal Church it is the feast day of Absolom Jones, (1746-1818) the first African American to be ordained. Along with Richard Allen he left the Episcopal church because of racism and segregation, form ing the African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME).

DS lite (rest)

I found this in my 6 year old's pocket while doing the laundry. He wants a DS lite so he made his own. It's about 2"x3". The brown paper next to it is the stylus. His creativity and playfulness restore my sense of joy. I can feel the tension draining, just looking at this.

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

I love children's drawings. They capture a moment just as much as a picture of the child themselves. I still have lots of pieces of paper from when my children were tiny. Pretty meaningless to anyone else but so dear to me.

jone said...

The sky is amazing. I love your son's work, so sweet.