February 28, 2009

Lenten Rose

lenten rose

We call this Lenten Rose, because it blooms in Lent. It's also named Helleborus. It blooms in my backyard every winter about this time. Last year it kept right on blooming half way through summer.

Scriptor Senex is on the other side of the pond and he has one blooming too. He calls it a Christmas Rose and I think his is a little bigger and brighter than mine.

Shutter Sisters has a 100 Step Challenge up. You are to get up and walk 100 steps and then take a picture. My 100 steps took me right to the back of the yard where this beauty lives. Nice, how that worked out.

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

Yes, they are slightly different members of the same genus. Even so ours would be much better named the Lenten Rose like yours since I've never known it flower until round about Lent.