November 12, 2008

have it abundantly

So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. [...] I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. [...] I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. -John 10:7, 9-11

Nov. 11 003

This is the pine tree next to the playground at about 8 am. I bumped up the contrast a little bit. Here it is in color with no editing (a separate shot):

Nov. 11 002

8 comments:

springtreeroad said...

interesting. i didn't see the pine cones until i saw the color photo.

:)

Sheri said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous photo!! I just came here from springtreeroad!!

Sheri

Anonymous said...

"Hey, I work with www.mochaclub.org, a non-profit that works in Africa. I saw that you were on the NaBloPoMo list, and we'd love for you to blog about our new campaign on Nov. 24th. The campaign is centered around this idea – at Mocha Club, we have always cared about building an accurate perception of both the challenges that Africans face, and the BEAUTY of Africa. We need bloggers to help get the word out. Please email our director at barrett[at]mochaclub[dot]org if you would be interested in hearing the details!"

Thanks, Betsy

ELK said...

lovely as always ~ I enjoy it here!

Gayle said...

I love the b&w. At first I thought that the distant branch was a shadow on a wall. Very cool!

Liss said...

Wow what a difference black and white makes. Such and interesting tree with it's spiky leaves

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

I like the texture that the b&w brings out. Here via Springtree Road.

rachel whetzel said...

I love it!!