August 8, 2008

Egg Salad

My heart is steadfast, O God!
I will sing and make melody with all my being!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
-Psalm 108:1-2

Aug. 7 066

When I was a kid my mom always made us tuna, peanut butter, or bologna sandwiches for lunch. I got so tired of them after a while. My absolute favorite lunch to find in my brown bag was an egg salad sandwich. I used to beg my mother to please please please make me egg salad. It takes extra time to boil the eggs and make it up ahead of time and with five kids to get ready for school you have to go with what works. She would try to find the time but it didn't happen very often. Now as a special treat I make myself egg salad with picklelily anytime I want. If I don't have any gluten free bread I put it on rice cakes.

Aug. 7 069

It's great with tomatoes warm from the sun and fresh, ripe pears.

No comments: