July 1, 2008

Jasmine flower tea

But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children. So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us. - 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8

jasmine flower

I wish I could share the scent of this flower with you through the computer. It is so sweet and calming. Jasmine tea is one of the things I learned to love when I lived in China. I buy the same brand of loose leaf tea in the yellow tin (Foojoy Jasmine Tea - grown and packed in China. It's what we drank when I lived there) and enjoy it after dinner many nights. It's sold in grocery stores or Asian markets. The plant is in a pot outside the dinning room window and the flower's scent wafts in on the breeze in the evenings.

6 comments:

Ampersand said...

so simple and gorgeuous.

granmal said...

Beautiful

Yankee, Transferred said...

Oh, I love that scent! Great photo.

BouBou's said...

Such lovely, soft colours.

A.

Melissa said...

I have the same plant in your picture and was wondering what you do with the flowers. Do you make tea with them? I hate to let them just die on the plant.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I haven't tried making tea because I don't know the drying process. You could experiment and let us know how it comes out. Thanks for commenting!