July 18, 2008

Fishing

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. -1 Corinthians 10:31

July 17 009

"They walked some distance, Matt managing to keep pace with the Indian's swift stride, determined not to let Attean know that his ankle was aching. They seemed to be following no particular trail. Finally they came out on a part of the creek that Matt had not seen before. It was shallow here, studded with rocks and pebbles, so that the water, rippling over them, made little rapids or collected in quiet pools. Here Attean stopped, broke off a sapling, and instead of making a fish pole, drew his knife from his pouch and quickly shaved a sharp point, making a spear. Then he stepped gently into the stream. Matt stood watching." - The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth Speare George

July 17 025

2 comments:

gina marie said...

That looks so tranquil and inviting. Thank you for adding my name to your list of bloggers and for you comments on my blog. I am adding you to my list of favorites on my family blog.

Gina

Gawdess said...

I LOVE sign of the beaver!!!!!
and these photos perfectly catch a sense of summer