May 31, 2008

White Iris and Bricks

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?" -Luke 9:23-25

may 30 081

I find white and yellow flowers to be the hardest to photograph. Often in bright light the whites bleach out in a blur of light. I don't know how this one came out crisp. Maybe the shadows behind it? Or the angle of the lens deflected the shine and picked up more shadows? It's the auto setting on the camera so I think sometimes I get the right angle to let the camera open the shutter just enough but not too much. Other times, I shoot straight on in bright sun and it's too much light getting in. Anyone else know what's going on?

If you click through to Flickr and view this photo larger you can see the luminous sparkle of the petals. I love that about irises.

2 comments:

granmal said...

I think its lovely!

Gawdess said...

this one is like a flower fountain, wonderful.