May 10, 2008

the rich get rain

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. -James 4:8a

steps from the car

Yesterday was a day of driving from one thing to another. I took a day off work to do everything and still ended up feeling stressed and stretched at the end of the day. In the morning I raced around from physical therapy to the Mother's Day tea at my youngest son's daycare to food shopping. I was sitting in the car in front of my house listening to an NPR story about food shortages and hunger in Haiti and how the US farm subsidies and rice aid make it impossible for farmers in Haiti to earn a living. My car was full to bursting with groceries. The rain was coming down steadily. The trees, grass and bushes around my front steps were a brilliant neon green reflected in the rain drops on the car window. I wondered if my camera would see what I was seeing.

steps through car window

4 comments:

Marcie said...

I love these rainy day images. Amazing to see the green reflected in the raindrops!

Mary said...

Wonderful images! Love those green raindrops.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Terrific images.

Askew To You said...

Beautiful - I love the green in the drops.

I think I've felt that way, stressed and stretched thin, then all of a sudden I realize how lucky I am that I am able to take care of my family, that we are safe and have all that we need. It's easy to take things for granted and get caught up in the stress of life and then all of a sudden the view tilts a little and it all changes.