May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. -James 5:7-8

Mother's day flowers 5

I was trying to capture the late afternoon light on my Mother's Day flowers while dinner cooked. Buddy and Punkin came rushing in from the backyard with Punkin crying. He had a scratch from a thorn in the garden. Buddy insisted on getting the first aid box down and fixing up on his brother himself. He got a wet paper towel and washed it off. Then he put first aid cream on it and a band aid. I said, "You did a good job there! I didn't know you knew how to do that."

"Yes. I do know how because you taught me. You did it for me."

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow first aid box owners!

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Ah. What a great story. Congratulations on your good mothering. :-)

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your photos.

Karin said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Marcie said...

Pretty flowers for Mother's Day
Great story...and nice to be reminded that sometimes we do get it right
Wishing you a happy one!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Sweet Mothers Day story. Lovely post.

Askew To You said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too. Beautiful flowers. Great job on the mothering. :D

I have a Buddy myself - my son Max is called "Buddy" by everybody.

granmal said...

Lovely flowers and cute story.
Happy Mother's day!

Heather.PNR said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Sharon said...

So sweet :) Hope you had a great Mother's Day!