April 22, 2008

"Wheelies"

And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” -Mark 14:22

april 21 002

He wanted "wheelies". (What he calls "heelies" - sneakers with wheels in the heels.)
I said No.
He wanted tie shoes that look like wheelies.
We compromised on Airwalks. He wanted shoes that look like what the big kids wear. Not cartoon characters but skater shoes. No more velcro.
He's learning to tie his own shoes for the first time.

3 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

Tha hands, the light, the shoes-what a perfect photograph. I love this.

Gawdess said...

yt is saying what I was thinking - no heelies for my kids either

Cloudscome said...

I keep staring at those long fingers and thinking I need to rub some lotion onto those hands. So dear! Yet he hates me to tell him to put lotion on...