April 6, 2008

My Yard Sign

As he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him. And he did not permit him but said to him, “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” -Mark 5:18-19

my yard sign

About ten minutes after we pushed this into the grass an eager puppy of a young man came knocking on the door. He was a campaign worker looking for promises of votes and volunteers for Obama. A little while later my neighbor said she was going to put up a sign but now she doesn't have to - mine is right next to her front yard. Her husband muttered that if it were in their yard it wouldn't stay up. They walked away from me saying,
"yes it would"
"no it wouldn't"

Apparently these signs are hard to come by around here. My mom wants one and can't find any. I happen to have a friend who is friends with a local politician and she got me this one and a bumper sticker. This is the first time I've ever put either up for any campaign.

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I bet you can get one for your mom from Obama's web site.

Gawdess said...

yay for betng involved - great picture