March 25, 2008

Zoo Day

march 24 026

“Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and give ear to my cry;
hold not your peace at my tears!
For I am a sojourner with you,
a guest, like all my fathers."
-Psalm 39:12

march 24 055

march 24 086

Spring is the best time to go to the zoo. The weather was mild; breezy and sunny. The crowds were small and every one was relaxed. We had a great time. My favorite way to take the zoo is with just one child. Punkin was a delight; bopping around in wide-eyed wonder.

The zebras and giraffes were posing for the camera.

These elephants will be moving to another zoo soon because there is not enough room for them here. This might be the last time we see them. More photos at Flickr.

4 comments:

angelfeet said...

What wonderful photos, especially the flower and bee. Sad the elephants are moving away. I hope they don't forget to pack their trunks (well, if I didn't say, someone else would!)

Gawdess said...

wonderful picture of the elephant!
it fills the frame and I love the clear details and I am a sucker for bugs (in pictures)

imac said...

Beautiful photos makes your posts great.

concretegodmother said...

oh, i love the bee close-up! the flower color and blue sky are perfect, as is the very strong light.