March 17, 2008

Tulip leaves; flames of fire

tulip leaves

The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire.
The voice of the
Lord shakes the wilderness;
the
Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.

The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth
and strips the forests bare,

and in his temple all cry, “Glory!”

-Psalm 29:7-9

Andromeda


This is a Japanese Andromeda (pieris japonica) growing in my backyard. I didn't plant it, the family that lived here before us did. I was just tickled to find it blooming in my backyard the first spring. When I looked it up I was pleased to discover we share the same name! It is an evergreen shrub that likes partial shade and blooms in early spring. Some people call it "Lily of the Valley" shrub.


1 comment:

Gawdess said...

I had forgotten about the bright tips on the tulip leaves, so glad to get the reminder.
The flowers on the Japanese Andromeda are beautiful.