March 5, 2008

The Shoe

Every morning on our way to school we drive past a small manufacturing plant. One morning last September my five year old son Buddy noticed a pair of sneakers left on the side of the plant's driveway. He was full of questions about whose shoes they were and why they had been left there. Every morning he looked for them and they were always there. After a month or so one of the shoes disappeared. Now we started making up stories about who had lost their shoes and who had found and taken away one of the shoes. Why was the other one left? Why did no one throw it away? How long would it stay there?

Buddy and Punkin know that I take photos every day for my blog. We often talk about what I will photograph and they help me look over the day's photos to chose the best one for the blog. Buddy started asking me to take a picture of the shoe along about November. I always told him we were late for school and I didn't have time to stop. I told him if we could get out the door early some day and the shoe was still there we would stop. I didn't think the shoe would last the winter. It did. I never thought we would manage to get out the door early. We finally did! Yesterday we were ten minutes early so we stopped and photographed the shoe. That's my car in the background with my boys sitting in it waiting for me to take the picture.

road shoe

This may not look like a spring photo, but for me it is a kind of victory celebration. The shoe survived. We got ourselves together. Sure it's going to get cold again and we might get more snow. Last year we got about 5 inches of snow around St. Patrick's Day. But. Winter is passed.

Doesn't this just fill you with questions? Whose shoe was that? Why was it left? What happened to it's mate? How long will it last? What happens next?

road shoe 2

"Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man (Jesus) forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses." -Acts 13:38-39

2 comments:

Sharon said...

How odd! I do wonder what the story is, and how and why someone would take one, but not the other. Things that make you go Hmmmmm... :)

Gawdess said...

love the angle that you took the first one from, adds more to the story for me.