March 6, 2008

Food and Gladness

wooden spoons

"Yet he did not leave himself without witness, for he did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.” -Acts 14:17

grammy's sugar jug

This week we've rushed away from school to sign Buddy, my five year old, up for swimming lessons at the YMCA on Tuesday and Soccer club on Wed. Today we go to a make-up swim lesson right after school and tomorrow I run an after-school knitting club. Usually I look forward to going home and cooking a good dinner. This week it's been catch as catch can.

These cannisters sit next to my stove. The green wheat sugar jar was my grandmother's. It's a kind of pottery called yellow ware, from the kind of clay used. It was common in the 1920s and now they are collectables. I ought to be more careful with it.

4 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I haven't been cruising blogs for a few days-these are great pictures you've been posting!

imac said...

Certainly interesting pots n spoons ect.Makes a great post.

Gawdess said...

the green leaf canister really caught my eye, I like the history of it.

Sharon said...

I love things like that, especially when they have meaning like yours does. I have a bambi juice glass that was my Great-grandmothers. Irreplaceable :)