March 3, 2008

First crocus

purple lawn crocus

Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!
The earth has yielded its increase;
God, our God, shall bless us.
-Psalm 67:5-6

helleborus blooms

Here is the helleborus in bloom (second picture). Yesterday afternoon's sunshine brought out the first crocus blooms (purple, pictured above) scattered over my neighbor's front lawn. This is the sign that we made it through another winter. I've finished writing the mid-winter report cards at school and from now on it is all downhill to summer. Thanks be to God!

4 comments:

Gawdess said...

purple and bright and love the shadow cast by the stamen and bits.

The helebore is beautiful too.

littlepurplecow said...

Such pretty little details in there. I too am looking forward to adding more color to my Project 365.

granmal said...

Very pretty flowers. I thought the verse was appropriate with the picture too. That's what I love about spring - everything reborn again.

Sandy said...

I like both of these shots. The crocus is especially beautiful.