March 26, 2008

First Cherry Blossoms

ornamental cherry

“O Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!
Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths,
and my lifetime is as nothing before you.
Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah
Surely a man goes about as a shadow!
Surely for nothing they are in turmoil;
man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather!
“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.
-Psalm 39:4-7

5 comments:

Ampersand said...

lovely!

Karin said...

So pretty! I bet they smell wonderful, too :)

Gawdess said...

reminiscent of but prettier than the tissue paper flowers that used to decorate wedding cars when I was a kid.
that same sort of filmy pink colour.

concretegodmother said...

oh, cherry blossoms! gorgeous! i've always wanted to do d.c. or japan during cherry blossom season. do they smell as good as lemon or orange blossoms?

angelfeet said...

Beautiful!