March 12, 2008

Depression Glass

depression glass bowl

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is God served by human hands, as though God needed anything, since God gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. -Acts 17:24-25

Yesterday I photographed a blue sherbet cup sitting on this same dining room table in the last of the afternoon's sunshine. Today is cloudy and I took this photo about an hour later in the day. The lighting is so poor the image is grainy. I lightened it up in Picasa but I am still disappointed with the quality of the image. These two photos show the limitation of what my camera can do. It's really only excellent in bright sunshine.

5 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I love cobalt blue. This and the one below are great shots.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Also, I rather like the graininess of the background.

Sharon said...

I don't know, I think no matter what the camera, good, natural light is always better. :)

Gawdess said...

I hear you.
Not about this photograph - I really like it and wouldn't have picked up on the graininess of it as being a problem.
I like this picture and covet this piece :) - because I am a human magpie -
but I remember oh so clearly the frustration of hitting the "wall" with my previous camera.
A great camera, don't get me wrong just that I wanted it to do more than it could.

Cloudscome said...

Yes I guess that's true; I always want more/different than I have.

Natural light is always better!

And every time I think it's just this camera I learn a tiny bit more about how to use it and I get better pictures...