March 31, 2008

Dazzling Daffies

And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. -Mark 1:35

march 30 043

I'm going overboard with daffodils this weekend. The yard is full of them. I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing them cheerfully nodding at me. The boys were playing baseball in the backyard and ran some over so I went out to pick a bunch. A host of golden daffodils sat on my dining room table soaking up the late afternoon sun. Very early this morning when I came down in the dark with a sick and feverish boy the house was filled with their strong sweet scent.

Last week Punkin was sick; this week I guess it's Buddy's turn. Thank God Grammie and Grampa can take care of them while I go to work.

march 30 034

See more in the Flickr set here.

4 comments:

Sundry said...

Gorgeous detail! What kind of camera and lens do you shoot with? I'm in awe!

Cloudscome said...

Thanks Sundry! It's not a particularly good camera. It's a point and shoot Kodac EasyShare Z730. The afternoon sun was coming in the window lighting up these blooms so brilliantly I was flabbergasted. I took these shots on the Auto setting and later did an autofix ("I'm feeling lucky") in Picasa. They didn't really need much fixing though - it's all in the sunshine.

Gawdess said...

you have the eye, I thought the top photo was great and I still do and then I saw the bototm one and now I have two favourites!

jo(e) said...

Wow. These are gorgeous.