February 1, 2008

January Mosaic

January 2008

I am happy that I was able to take photos and post every day this month. Last year that didn't always happen. I am amazed at how much I have improved since last year in composition, lighting, focus and editing. It is a lot more fun this year too. I am glad I get outside most days but also I am pleased that I am much better at finding good indoor shots. The close up indoor ones are the most challenging for me.

This year I am focusing on finding beauty every day, documenting my life, and improving my photography skills. I've decided to take a bunch of photos every day, upload them at the end of the day, and wait till the next day to choose which one to post.

When I wake up in the morning I ask myself which of yesterday's photos is still stuck in my mind. That's usually the one I choose. I post one of the previous day's photos on the blog every morning along with a Bible verse from my morning devotions. It amuses me when they seem to match up in some way.

2 comments:

Scrivener said...

Congratulations on making it through the first month! It's interesting to hear your process, actually.

I am amazed at how much I improved resulted from last year's project, too. The clincher that pushed me to do it was reading on one page that it was guaranteed that if I took a picture each and every day, then I would improve my photography skills. And it's so true.

granmal said...

I like the Mosaic, not sure how to do that. I also like your Bible verses, match or not, God's Word is always effective.
God Bless!