February 10, 2008

Alpaca fingerless gloves

alpaca cables

Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
praise the name of the Lord!

Blessed be the name of the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!

-Psalm 113:1-3

Last year I posted about how I learned to knit these cables. I'm knitting these fingerless gloves for Judy. She a dear blogging friend and she is fighting cancer. She's a librarian and a mom to a wonderful six year old boy and it's just not fair. I want to do something for her, to let her know my prayers are going up for her and her family. The yarn is thick and soft and glows like rubies. I have a pair of these gloves I wear in the library when I'm on the computer.

I hope she finds them comfortable, soft and cozy.

6 comments:

imac said...

Wooly mittens eh!.Keep you warm for the snow.


Checkout my Great day of Memories with lots more to come.

Gawdess said...

knitting for someone is a very good thing to do, I truly believe that somehow we stitch in our well wishes!
Lovely yarn.

granmal said...

What a wonderful thing your doing for your friend. I'm sure she will enjoy them.

Sharon said...

I'm sure she will too, they look beautiful. I might need to commission you to do me a pair! They would be perfect for taking pics in the cold! :)

Judy said...

Oh, Cloudscome. They are absolutely gorgeous. I was OVERCOME. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

You are something else, you know that?

They are such a precious gift. Something truly from the heart.

Love ya,
Judy

Cloudscome said...

You are most welcome Judy my friend. God Bless you.