January 19, 2008

Icy glaze on the world

"He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.” Matthew 13:31

jan 18 073

Yesterday I got to work a little early so I could go out walking. It snowed the day before, just a coating. Enough to sugar everything, and then it rained some to put
on the glaze. Early in the morning the clouds were dark and low but by the time I got to work the wind had chased them off. The sun came out as I was walking the trail and the world lit up with diamonds.

jan 18 047

I had a hard time picking which photos to post. See the rest in my January set on flickr.

4 comments:

Gawdess said...

The effect of jewels on fine gold wire - I would love a pendant or earrings like that!

imac said...

Great photos well done.

jo(e) said...

These are such gorgeous shots!

Sharon said...

These are just beautiful