December 12, 2007

Up early playing with lights


cabinet 6, originally uploaded by cloudscome.

I still can't believe I found this beautiful wood and glass curio cabinet on the street in front of my neighbor's house. They put a sign on it saying "Please take this!" Sunday morning about two weeks ago I found it as we were leaving for church. I ran inside and got Buster up out of bed to help me carry it in the front door. The front glass panel was missing but other than that it is perfect. It is about five feet tall and has two glass shelves for displaying collectibles or china. I bought a piece of acrylic and cut it to fit. It's in the living room near the tree. Every morning I sit with my coffee admiring the light show.

The little tea set here I bought at the National Museum in Taiwan about 20 years ago. The sake bottle next to it I got at a tiny restaurant in Heilongjiang province, mainland China. I am so tickled to finally have a nice place to display them!

I took these pictures with the "fireworks" mode on my point and shoot. I don't have a tripod so they are a little blurry.

Exposure: 2 sec (2)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 5.5 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire


cabinet 2

cabinet 3

If you had told me three years ago that I would take a picture of myself in my bathrobe at 5:30 in the morning and post it on the Internet I would have laughed my head off. But here I am.


cabinet 7

3 comments:

imac said...

A smile at that time in the morn, hehe, must be good then ,well done.

Kohana said...

How beautiful! I love the tea set.

Sharon said...

How funny! I know, I've taken a lot of pics over the last year that I never would have though of. Congratulations on your unexpected treasure, looks good! :)